Out of the woodwork

Over the last year and a half, I feel as though I have been surviving and doing well, but not really doing my very best. For those of you that know me, I usually put 110% into everything that I do. For some things I have been doing that, but not for anything that really puts me in the limelight. I've been trying to hide I suppose as part of my healing process. I have watched others take opportunities that I should have taken, and would have taken on a normal day. Loss has changed me. It has turned my world upside down and changed my view of the world around me. You see, I don't have to take all of the opportunities that are paraded in front of me, because I have something that is more important. My children. They are my real responsibility right now despite what others may see. I only get one chance to raise them and shape them into the men that will all too soon enter the world as adults. I am proud of the little men that they are, and will continue to be there to raise them first hand. If that means that I don't get to perform as much as I would like,  or have a grand career, then so be it. All of that will still be there when my kids are older. I am trusting that I am where I supposed to be right now. I may be a widowed mother of two children that now has to start over, but that's okay. I am in no hurry to "find a man" to take care of me. I don't need a man to validate my worth. My worth has already been set my my maker, my children, my family and instilled in me by Rob.

As I continue this road, I can feel myself reawakening and becoming ready to come out of the woodwork. My inner leader is eager to re-emerge. I know my talents and skill set and am ready to use them. My teaching, administrative and leadership skills are mine to continue to cultivate. This summer I have already traveled to 3 states, trained to be a Zumba instructor and affiliate, became an ambassador for Plexus products and am training with my boys for a 5K. Summer school starts next. Bring it on life. Team Barefoot Bob is ready!

P.S. If you're interested here are the links for my Plexus site and my Zumba site. If not, disregard this post script :)

http://danelleeckhart.myplexusproducts.com
http://deckhart.zumba.com/ - I'm not teaching yet but hope to very soon!

Comments

Popular Posts