The "C" Word

Lately I have been thinking about that atrocious word that everyone hates to hear. The "c" word. You know what I'm talking about. Hearing it makes you cringe and open your mouth in disgusted reproach. I know. I used to hate it too. But lately it has become one of my favorite words in the English language. I believe it's even in the Urban Dictionary now. Here it is.. are you ready... click the "X" in the upper right hand corner of your screen if you don't want to read it. Ready.......set.... 













change. 

I know. It's evil. But let me tell you. Everything is going to be ok. Here are some lovely quotes to help ward of the body shakes you got from reading that no good, terrible word. 


"It is what it is"

"What will be will be"

"If you don't like something, change it. If you can't change it, change your attitude." - Maya Angelou

"If you do not change direction, you may end up where you are heading." - Lao Tzu

"God grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I can, and the wisdom to know the difference" - Rienhold Niebuhr


"Different each time they occur, the seasons cycle through our years, just as they do our love. A winter may be long and treacherous and seemingly never ending. Thus, comes the spring, to thaw the heart and soul, continuing the cycle. Summer may be scorching, only to suddenly halt to an early frost, falling of leaves and changing of colors… or, it may be languid, leading to a crisp and vivid fall of ones utmost desires. One never knows how and when the seasons will change, only that they eventually will. To survive the changes, we must learn to find and wring the seasons of all of their goodness, and to remember that no matter what, spring always arrives after winter."
 - Danelle Eckhart

And with that the shakes are gone. 


Comments

Popular Posts